The global industrial protective footwear market has been valued at $5.6 bn in 2017 and is expected to have a steep rise in the upcoming years with a CAGR of 6.5% through the forecast period. Protective footwear being the heart of industrial safety, major organizations in the market are concentrating further on technological innovation along with imparting comfort, flexibility, light weight material, durability, design and quality for protection against prominent on-hazard jobs. Industrial protective shoes are facing substantial demand from varied industries for avoidance of accidents and fatalities in workplace. Hazardous situations including trips, falls and slips alongwith falling objects, electrical contact, chemicals contact propels the necessity of usage of safety boots in industries. Further demand rises globally with the tectonic shift towards worker safety rather than maximizing profits along with stringent government laws for safety and protection of laborers at workplace.
Major applications of Industrial protective footwear covered in the report include its widespread usage over end user segments such as manufacturing, construction, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, food, chemicals, transport and mining.The products offered in the market are shoes and boots respectively. Some of the key raw materials used for manufacturing can be listed as PVC (polyvinyl chloride), natural rubber, leather, plastic among others. While waterproof safety footwear prevents feet from getting wet in water working environments, rubber sole offers resistance against acids, alkalis and chemicals. Protective shoes for construction industry offer resistance to concrete & fuels, oils and other industrial hazards as the soles are guided with anti-slip and anti-puncture components. Moving on to the material part, Leather is preferred over other materials owing to its durability and insulation properties. Leather can further be applied for manufacturing of luggage, wallets and bags etc. which pressurizes the price trend of the industrial safety footwear market creating a supply demand gap. Waterproof safety boots are also in demand owing to their waterproof membrane tape which prevents the entry of water and saves laborer’s ankle and foot in water working environments. Certain strategies including agreement and partnership, product launch, product innovation and business expansion are inherited by reputed organizations which in turn is expected to propel the market though the forecast period. As per studies, product launches accounted for 60% of business strategies whereas the rest 40% was comprised of business expansion, product innovation etc.
Europe stands out to be the leader in the global industrial protective footwear market owing to the implementation of safety standardsfor workers and growth in automobile sector as well as chemical industries. Germany accounts for highest market share in Europe. In the Asia-Pacific region, China holds the largest market share owing to the presence of large scale industries and massive growth in infrastructure. Construction activities followed by manufacturing sector in APAC region including China, India Japan among others pave the way for highest revenue growth in the industrial protective footwear market. Rapid industrialization in Latin American countries such as Brazil, Venezuela and Columbia drives regional demand significantly. Demand for pipeline safety footwear, oil resistant safety boots and anti-impact oil field shoes are expected to drive the market in EMEA region significantly. Oil and Gas has been identified to be the fastest growing segment across Middle East.
Some of the major players in Global Industrial Protective Footwear market are Dunlop Boots, Honeywell Int. Inc., Uvex Group, Jal Group SAS France, W.L. Gore, Anbu Safety, Rock Fall, COFRA Holding AG and ELTEN GmBH among others.